Plentiful Wholefoods Store Assistant - 3-4 days per week, including weekends.
VACANCY CLOSES 13 OCT - INTERVIEWS WC 16TH OCT
Queries and application please contact email@example.com
We’re looking for a new member of the Plentiful Wholefoods team, someone who’s happy mucking in, loves chatting with our valued customers, can sell based on true passion for good food and eco goodies, a quick learner and able to use their own initiative to increase sales & displays. We’re looking for someone with retail experience and has heaps of confidence.
It’s all-go at Plentiful, whether you’re checking for fruit & veg quality one minute, to decanting 5 litres of washing up liquid the next, before weighing and labelling bags of Plentiful Chocolate buttons, this is anything but a basic till job.
There’s always something to be done – and we need someone able to prioritise, maintain high standards of presentation and freshness, who can be on their feet all day, and is a real people person. It’s super important that we maintain amazing levels of customer service, our ethos and personalities are what separates us from the supermarkets! Our hard work shows, and that's why we're one of the most loved stores in the area.
Working at Plentiful means being part of a new, rapidly growing ethical business as it grows in the community – bringing back shopping to how it ‘should be.’ We buy from other ethical businesses. We always aim to pick organic, local, vegan or sustainably grown/made items to sell. We do the best we can, to circulate more money in the ethical world and what we believe in.
We're a friendly bunch, and try to cultivate a warm and fun environment for us and our customers.
Every penny that goes through our till is one not spent in the supermarkets or Amazon. It goes to GOOD, and it goes to real people making a living doing something they’re passionate about. That’s what motivates us.
Wage is £10.50/hr, paid holidays, in store discount, lots of training, pension, and be part of the Plentiful family as we grow into something bigger.
Our core working hours are 9:00am-5:30pm. Shifts will need to cover these, plus be available minimum 2 Thursdays per month until 6:30pm.
We operate using early and late shifts, so a 9am start means a 4:30 finish, and later start is a later finish.
This job includes weekends and will require lone working. We ensure weekends off are split between all staff.
We’re looking for someone who can work minimum 3 days per week. We may need more shifts in December to cover Christmas stocking up and treat bagging!
In Store Responsibilities
- Friendly and knowledgeable customer service, going out of your way to assist, listen & make connections with customers.
- Transactions at till, including deducting weights of loose food, filling liquid containers with cleaning products
- Maintaining organic fruit and veg section to high standard, including daily checks, an understanding of how to store types produce to reduce waste, ensuring it is always displayed to a high standard and priced accurately.
- Advising on ethical shopping, being able to explain why we want to reduce our environmental impact. We’re all about doing the best we can.
- Receiving and accurately inputting incoming deliveries (in store & on system)
- Weekly & Daily food hygiene checks, temperatures, scale accuracies, etc.
- Maintaining cleanliness and high presentation standards in shop, and in store room, deep cleaning scoops, containers and jars
- Filling dispensers/jars (often lifting up to 20kg) following hygiene guidelines
- Restocking & fronting shelves throughout the day
- Labelling products and filling prepacked bags in our home compostable packaging.
- Packing and posting online orders
- Cashing up and cleaning after each day
- Reliable and timely attendance for scheduled shifts
- Ocassionally assisting with veg box packing where necessary
Skills/experience we are looking for:
- Must be over 18
- Retail or sales experience (2 years+ preferred)
- Customer service experience
- Basic English and mathematics – able to confidently deduct weights with decimal points. (We do have a calculator) GCSE level minimum. Good spelling & grammar is essential – all our signage is hand written.
- Outgoing personality, warm and friendly - able to confidently chat to customers in a relaxed manner.
- Positive outlook - a ‘can do’ attitude and calm under pressure
- Able to work on own initiative, able to spot a practical and sensible way forward when working alone & make decisions where necessary.
- Great timekeeping, ability to prioritise jobs in a fast-paced retail environment
- Be able to communicate ideas and be honest and open in a team setting, with a good sense of humour. Someone we’ll enjoy working with too!
- Must be able to lift 20kg
- Attention to detail and experience of maintaining high visual retail standards
- Trustworthy and confident opening store alone
- Speedy computer skills to quickly search and type in product info whilst customers wait.
- Aware of some environmental or ethical issues and able to discuss these to make recommendations (whilst remaining warm and understanding)
- Experience of visual merchandising
- Experience selling or growing fruit and veg and fresh food
- Experience in working with food hygiene regulations
- Social media business page management experience
- Stock management
- UK Driver’s Licence
If this sounds like you, please send….
A detailed cover letter explaining:
- Why you’re looking for work – and why Plentiful?
- Detailed description of which of the skills & experience requirements mentioned above you have, why you?
Please include examples and take your time with this, as it really helps us pick out people who stand out from the crowd.
Bullet points help us take it all in.
- Your availability/hours you can work & your ideal number of days/week. EG "3 days per week ideally, but happy to do 4" Please be honest about your home responsibilities and timings, and we can plan how to hire. If you'd like as many hours as possible, or max 2 days per week, please tell us.
- An up to date & detailed CV
to Abbie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please copy in email@example.com so we don't miss you!
Please put "STORE ASSISTANT" in the subject field of your email.